Senators 8, Fightin Phils 2
• Jerad Head continued his feast on Reading pitchers as he went 4 for 5 with two home runs, a double, single, and four runs batted in and scored. In 10 games against the Fightin Phils this season, Head is now batting .353 and slugging .853.
• Also glad to see Reading on the schedule again had to be starter Rob Gilliam who tossed five perfect innings on Sunday afternoon. In two games against the Fightin Phils, Gilliam has allowed one lone run in ten innings while striking out 12. In two games against Akron and Bowie, Gilliam has been touched for eight earned runs on 14 hits in 9.1 innings.
• Head’s four-hit day was Harrisburg’s fourth of the season and he joined Josh Johnson as the only Senators’ player to hit two home runs in a game.
• Ricky Hague was the lone Senator in the starting lineup who failed to record a hit.
• The underused bullpen got a chance to cover some innings as Matt Swynenberg, Neil Holland, Matt Grace, and Aaron Barrett each worked a frame in the victory.