Game 5: Senators 6, Rock Cats 2
Game 6: Rock Cats 5, Senators 4
* Monday night’s rainout in New Britain pushed the starting rotation back a day so Felipe Rivero will get the nod in the home opener this evening.
* The Sennies notched their first win of the young season on Tuesday night as AJ Cole went five strong innings allowing only two runs (one earned) on 78 pitches. Relievers Richie Mirowski and Matt Grace combined to go the rest of the way without allowing a run. Destin Hood (3-5, 1 2B), Caleb Ramsey (2-4, 3 RBI), and Jason Martinson (2-5, 2 RBI, 1 2B) led the 12-hit effort. Catcher Mitch Canham was the only member of the lineup who went hitless.
* Despite more stellar work from the bullpen, Harrisburg dropped the second game of the series when starter Blake Schwartz couldn’t hold onto a 4-3 lead in the third inning. Hood (2-4, 1 RBI), Martinson (3-4, 1 3B), and Brandon Bantz (1-4, 2 RBI) were the offensive stars in the losing effort.
* Strikeouts and errors remain an issue for the Senators as the club leads the Eastern League in both. In the two-game set, Harrisburg struck out 17 times and commited four more errors.
* Ramsey has now hit safely in the season’s first six games and sports a .474 batting average after his first six games at Double-A.